I really don't remember much more of that time with his family, except that Kylie told me bye with the biggest smile on her face. Man I was already in love with the kid.
Aunt Karen was driving us home and as I thought about the fun time we had, I wished it was longer. Who knows when I'll see him again and it was nice to have a friend in a place where I was so lonely.
As we say goodbye to everyone I was trying so HARD not to cry. I am THE biggest cry baby and I knew I could get some tears in my eyes again at the thought of not seeing him again. We were good friends and shared too many stories together. Plus I wasn't feeling as lonely with him around.
We were at the door as he said, with the cutest little grin, "Do you want to go and get some ice cream?"
**** I melted****
then I said, "Sure, it sounds fun!" Understand for a minute that I had no been hungry since I got to UT, I was not happy with the food here and my appetite was overwritten by homesickness. I did NOT want ice cream, I was too cold! but how could I say no to that little grin on his face and the green eyes that faded as he made the grin. how?
Up we walked from Heritage Halls to D.T. went to a little store with tons of candy in little boxes that you can just open and take. I was wondering how they were still in business, I mean, the students sure come and just eat it without being seen! that is what would have happen at home anyway.
He ordered an ice cream mix thing with Sprite, very tasty but it took me about 2 hours to eat it. We sat at one of the farther tables and right across from each other, it was kind of weird, he was close and why? someone tell me WHY??!! was he looking so cute all the sudden? I do not like white pale pasty boys! or blond hair or missionaries!!!!...
Still, I could feel very nervous as I notice that he looked into my eyes. We talked about the people we taught together and I gave him the letters that members sent with me. I remember knowing that it was just an environmental thing, two young adults, a new place, the crisp night, the moon, the knowledge that at that moment it was just the two of us. Just a perfect setting to feel so...so.. the way I was feeling. I knew that the next day everything was going to be back to normal and I was pretty sure I wouldn't see him again.
As we walked back to our rooms he told me some stories from his Freshman year ( note to self, find out what Freshman meant) By then it was so easy to talk to him, he told me stories and I threw in some of mine, we had a great time. As we approached the door, I felt sad to have to say goodbye, I didn't know if I would see him again, right then he told me that he would call me the next day after school and take me to the office where I would pay for my health insurance.
***Sight of relieve****
There was the door, just right then I realized that I didn't know what to do!! The natural thing was to shake his hand but he started to move closer facing me, and then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awwww... Belky, seems this "how we met" thing is contagious. I love it!
And then WHAT?!!! More please!!
Don't leave us hanging! This is better than a romance book!
Post a Comment