Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Forced to like him.

...
Of course he said " Ha ha ha!" in a very sarcastic way. I was thinking, well if you don't like it you can go and have Elder Murphy come back :-)

I haven't always been as nice :-(

The day was over and I was glad for it. I had been sad enough and I had a lot to do. The next day I had to go out with the Elders so I needed to do some studying.
I had been assigned to be a "District Missionary" and I had to work with the three pair of missionaries in my branch. I loved it, it was the best thing I had been doing for a long time. Very intimidating though, I had been baptized 3 months earlier and felt like I didn't really know much. Elder Murphy told me that if I was in tune with the Spirit, I would know what to say, and he was right.

After spending some hours with Elder Jones and Elder Ketcheson, I was pleased to say that I did not dislike the new missionary. He wasn't very friendly but he was very good at teaching our investigators. I also felt bad for him because everyone was as sad as I had been the day before, no one really liked it when missionaries left.; I think he was feeling bad for all the sad faces.

After months of frustration I think we learned how to work together. I think he knew by then that I did not like people that were not on time and that I was sure going to let them know when they were wasting my time. Elder Jones knew that, so he kept himself on my good side.

Elder Ketcheson stayed for about six months and then he was transfer to another city. We became friends and I was sad when he left, he was the only missionary that got my brother to read the Book of Mormom and for that I respected him. Meanwhile...

I think I should give you a time line.
Jan 2000, I get baptized.
March 2000, Elder Ketcheson comes.
September 2000, Elder Ketcheson transfers.
April 2001, I move to the USA.

Jan 2001, Humberto comes back!!

Humberto was my ex-boyfriend. I met him when I was 14 and we started dating when I was 15, little detail, he was 19 years old and in college. We were dating for about 6 months when the missionaries came to my door. He didn't like them, that is why it took so long for me to get the discussions. After a few months I decided to listen to the missionaries and just like that my relationship of 10 months was over. My little itty bitty heart was broken. I thought I was over it after a year... but boy was a I wrong!

One Sunday, I am in Sacrament meeting and I hear the door, I turn around and guess who comes in?? Humberto!!! I almost passed out. I could not believe my body was going to react that way after so long, I think my armpits were running a river. After Sacrament meeting was over Elder Sorensen comes and introduces me to the "investigator" (oh boy I was sweating more now) After the Elder left Humberto offered to walk me to the bus stop. As we walked I told him about my plans to move in April to BYU, he pretty much told me " I am getting baptized, I think you should stay"
BOOM!!! BOOM BOOM!!!
I would be lying if I said I didn't considered his offer for the rest of the day. I would be lying if I said that I didn't see a future with him now that he was going to be a member of the church. I would be lying if I said that I was sure he was getting baptized for the wrong reasons, and with that I ended it, I knew I was supposed to go to BYU, I didn't know why, but I knew that I had to.

But, how do you reason with your heart?

1 comment:

Jen said...

You're too cute! Even though I know how it ends, I'm dying to know what happens!