Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The first time we met.

Santa Teresa del Tuy, Venezuela...

It is around 9am on a very cloudy Thursday.Well it wasn't really cloudy, I mean it is HOT and HUMID in Santa Teresa every day of the year, but to me it was a cloudy day...

The day before I had said my good-byes to Elder Murphy. The missionary that taught me and fought for me to open my eyes and my heart to the Gospel. He even taught me to teach others!! he never made me feel bad about wearing pants and skull necklaces to church. After 6 months serving in our area he had to go, and to me it felt like I was loosing a brother.

On that "cloudy" morning I was getting ready hoping that Elder Murphy would walk in our doors and say something like "just kidding I'll stay for a little longer" instead...

I heard the knock but I don't want to go out to get the door. I heard voices, Elder Jones laugh and then another voice...not Elder Murphy's, so I stay in my room.

My mom comes to get me and when I come out with some friends I meet "Elder Ketcheson", strong hand, very white kind of nerdy looking guy. Didn't like him, not one little bit, he is here because someone else is not! so I say "Oh Elder Ketchup! do you want some french Fries?"


to be continued...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh I am so happy you are doing this! I can't wait to read more!

Melissa said...

No you didn't!
This is great! :)